Where should I search for free stock images?

Friday 3 February 2012 - Posted by Shwe Thiri Khit
Now you know how to use stock images, so where should you find them. When you do a Google search, the first ones that appear will cause a dent to your purse. So I did the homework and you can enjoy free stock photos from the following two websites.
.
www.shadowhousecreations.blogspot.com This is a personal site. You can get really cool textures, texture sets, photoframe sets and custom brushes for free here. What’s more, you can even watch tutorials here. The stock photos here are super cool and popular, I sometimes make use of those as well. Luckily they are provided with no strings attached (i.e. no need to credit). But I might be mistaken, so feel free to double check on the small print of terms and conditions. Please correct me if I am wrong too. Our love to the owners J. I will also continuously try to distribute such free stock photos without the need for acknowledgement.
.
www.deviantart.com This is an online society for artists. It’s an inspirational space consisting of various art forms and artists who make them. You can meet amateur artists as well as professional or famous ones. I also have my account there www.stkhit.deviantart.com. I started playing around there since past few years. If you have an account there, feel free to add me as a friend ;)
. On Deviant Art, in order to search for free stock images, go through different categories such as traditional art, digital art...One of the artists who gives stock images for free can be found at www.sheisprettystock.deviantart.com. You can use those stocks if you are happy with the terms of usage. There are other artists who give stocks for free. It’ll be worthwhile to invest some time to explore. Some artists do not allow you to use your artworks outside of Deviant Art. So reading the small print (terms and conditions) is really really crucial.

Here are many textures on the following websites.

And here are the brushes for using in Photoshop.

Don’t forget that I already have some free stock images as well. I hope that have been helpful in your hunt for stock images.



 
ALERT: My newsletter account has been hacked and I have also stopped using it. If you are getting mails "Random chronicles" from khitster[at]gmail[dot]com, please add that email to SPAM list. Sorry for all the trouble caused. Follow my BLOG. Copyrighted © 2013 Shwe Thiri Khit. All right reserved.