❤ Inspiration Style of Sugar Skulls - Day of the Dead

Friday 28 October 2011 - Posted by Shwe Thiri Khit
Sugar Skulls - (Day of the Dead)
'Sugar Skull' is a skull made of sugar, chocolate or candy, and decorated in a joyus, almost happy, style for the Mexican "Day of the Dead" celebration also known as the "Lady of the Dead". So this is the skull decorated in the Mexican day of the dead style. As far as I know the symbolism of a sugar skull is rooted in the decoration around the eyes. Flowers are meant to symbolize life while cob webs symbolize death. Burning candels set inside the eyes are a sign of remembrance. I love this fashion! I love doodling and using many colours on the painting so this is one of the great idea adding style into my artwork and other projects.
Read more about it on : Day of the Dead and Human Skull Symbolism
 Painting and Tattoo images (below)


 
ALERT: My newsletter account has been hacked and I have also stopped using it. If you are getting mails "Random chronicles" from khitster[at]gmail[dot]com, please add that email to SPAM list. Sorry for all the trouble caused. Follow my BLOG. Copyrighted © 2013 Shwe Thiri Khit. All right reserved.